Did you know the average person will go through 10 bottles of Shampoo a year? 10 bottles times the Irish population of about 5 million equates to Fifty Million bottles of shampoo being sent to landfill annually, the overall majority of these bottles being plastic. Scary right? Well here's how you can help lower that crazy statistic - Swap to Shampoo Bars!
This invigorating shampoo bar is designed to protect and care for your skin, scalp and hair while smelling simply sensational! Being 100% plastic-free, it lasts longer than your standard shampoo bottle, thus saving you money and trips to the shops while helping save our planet!
How to Start using the FSC Shampoo Bars
It may take a few washes to transition to these bars but its only because your hair is having a chemical-free party now that you've decided to treat it with the love and respect it deserves! It may feel oily, dry or both and if you notice some residue - dont panic, this is normal. Your hair is just adjusting. This transitional stage typically takes about a week, maybe a bit longer but stick with it - the planet and your hair will thank you for it.
- SLS Free, Paraben Free
- Plastic Free, Cruelty Free, Vegan Friendly
- Pair with any of our Conditioner Bars for a superior shower experience
- You won't believe how bubbly and lathery it gets
- Amazing Results!
- Tip: Pick up one of our Bamboo Soap Dishes or Sisal Soap Bags to keep your Bar dry and intact
Tips for an easy transition
- Use an apple cider vinegar rinse (see below) instead of a conditioner, as this helps restore your scalp’s pH balance as well as banish old chemicals. It will also protect the shaft of each hair and give it a wonderful shine too.
- Brush your hair gently and often – twice every day is good – brushing it from scalp to tips so you can help redistribute your hair’s natural oils.
- Give your hair a few days off between washes, just to allow it to adjust.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly whenever you wash it, to help make sure you get rid of every trace of shampoo.
- Try using a bit of dry shampoo or corn starch if your hair is feeling oily, rubbing a small amount into your scalp before brushing it through.
- To help calm any frizz or tangles, you can also try using a little argon oil through your hair.
- If your hair has a lot of product built up in it, before you use the shampoo bar try the simple baking soda rinse we’ve detailed below.
Apple cider vinegar spritz
- 1 part apple cider vinegar (use the type with ‘mother of vinegar’)
- 4 parts of water
- A few drops of your favourite essential oil
Baking soda clarifying rinse recipe
Baking soda (or to give it it’s posh name, sodium bicarbonate) is an easy clarifier to use, and it helps lift grease and product residue from your hair.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 – 2 cups of warm water
Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle or cup, then wet your hair, apply the rinse, and work it through. Now rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water, then shampoo it.
How To Use
Simply wet your hair, wet the bar and start to rub the bar over your head until the beautifully bubbly lather bursts onto your hair. Then wash, rinse and condition (optional) as normal.
Sodium cocoate, Sodium olivate, Aqua, Sodium castorate, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) essential oil contains linalool, limonene, geranoil, Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) essential oil contains limonene.